Friday, December 9, 2011

Scrabble Inspired Present

Okay, so as you may know I have a slight addiction to Pinterest. I'm doing very well at controlling it though! I don't go on every day, but when I do go on I do get shall we say distracted easily. There is just so much to see! 

Anyways, one of the first things I found on Pinterest was this picture. It was before I had been invited in so I just pulled the picture onto my desktop. I thought I had found it and pinned it but apparently that was my imagination or I'm blind. So sadly I can't tell you where the photo is from but I will still look. 


I love the colors, the somewhat vintage look, and I'm really love the scrabble letter look. It's different and fun. It also made me think of a dear friend who loves the word love. Then while I was racking my brain for Christmas gifts for her and her hubby I decided this would work wonderfully, with a few changes. 

Black is the go to color for my dear friend so I knew I couldn't just order a print. After a couple trips to Michael's scrapbook paper section I found a paper similar. Then I had to buy Scrabble from Target so I could have the letters. Then I played around with the letter arrangement and snapped a few pictures. I wanted the picture to be more interesting so I had it turned into a canvas by Canvas People

The first photo I tried on canvas, for the size of canvas I chose the letters were too spaced. 

The photo I ended up choosing. I haven't seen it on the canvas since I had it shipped straight to my friend. But I will add a picture if possible. 

So I took something I liked and let inspire me for something else. Do you have something you could do that with? Have you done something like that similar? Work your creativity! 


Fun Stuff Fridays

Tip Junkie handmade projects

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea. It's such a nice gift. I am a new follower from 25 Days of Christmas! You have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. I haven't done anything scrabble yet but i just love the look- with the pattern behind it.
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I made 2 sets (4 each) of Scrabble tile coasters for my Scrabble group this year. Next time you want to do something like this and need lots of tiles....try Ebay! You can get just the tiles for like $13 or $14. Probably cheaper than that game, huh? But if you don't have anything to do with the tiles you have left, I'll buy 'em from ya!!

    ReplyDelete