Friday, January 20, 2012

My Favorite Book

If you are a reader, you most likely have a favorite book. (or 2, or 3) 

I know I most definitely have one. I read it about twice a year and watch the 6 hour A&E series on it a couple times a year as well. 

Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice 
Is my all time favorite book. 

It's beautifully written, has one of the best love stories ever, the sarcasm, the wit, the characters. 
I LOVE it! 

So true isn't it? 

If you lived in England at that time I mean! 

One day I want tour England and visit the houses they used in the movies. Especially Pemberley, I would die to see Pemberley! 

Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy sharing words. 

Can you feel the tension? The intrigue? How attracted they are to each other but do not fully realize it!

This is my all time favorite quote from the book and the movie. (Seeing Colin Firth say this....swoon....) 

It's such a powerful sentence. The words must, ardently, and admire just bring it to a whole new level. 

You can't tell me this would not make you swoon. 

I love Colin Firth only because of his portrayal of Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy. In my eyes it his best performance ever. 

This is the best version of Pride and Prejudice out there, in my very humble opinion, and I've seen a few of them. I saw this version for the first time when I was 10 years old. My oldest sister bought it on VHS from Costco and we (my sisters and possibly a couple other girls) spent a Saturday morning watching all six hours. 

I even loved it then. 

I didn't read the book until I was in high school but after watching this particular version so many times I could literally envision the entire book. In the A&E version they quote the book so much and pull in all the details so well. 

I'm sure they quote the book in the other versions, like the much loved Disney version, but it just doesn't compare to the mastery portrayed in 6 hours. 

Trust me.

And no one....

No one....

Will ever beat Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. 


(Well, unless I find a Mr. Darcy that is! wink)








No comments:

Post a Comment