Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sometimes, These things Happen

Sometimes, there are things that just happen. 

Like accidentally getting your shirt stuck in the seat belt buckle in your car on your drive to work. 

Yes. One of those things happened to me this morning. After some slight panic it was really quite amusing. Shall I explain?

I'm one of those people that doesn't buckle their seat belt until after I've backed out of the driveway and turned whichever I'm going. Not the best I know. Especially since it causes you to do it one handed. Well, my shirt was a little longer than normal this morning and apparently was right over the buckle as I pushed in my seat belt, which would not go in. It took me a few minutes to actually realize that I was quite literally stuck. The first thought was "Seriously? I don't have time to go home!!" Then "And I really like this shirt!" After about 5 minutes of tugging with no success I called Anne. Who laughed when I told her why she might have to go get scissors. But after hanging up with her I gave one more yank and my shirt came free 5 minutes away from work. I was able to finally buckle my seat belt and make my car stop beeping at me. 

So my morning was a little rough but in the end was a funny story to tell at work. All in all I'm very glad that I have a day off this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment