Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Now everyone knows what you mean when you say that phrase.

Christmas, it is the most wonderful time of the year. I love it but I think I have expressed that already. 

I love everything about Christmas but one my favorite traditions is decorating the Christmas tree. Growing up it was a big big deal to decorate the tree together as a family. We all had our own special ornaments and no one better put up MY ornaments. Looking back now I laugh, that wasn't the best holiday attitude to have but it was always really special. We would put the tree up, the ornaments, plug in the lights, turn off all other lights and just sit in the living room and enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling of our Christmas tree. 

Now, I don't live at home in Hawaii and don't have my own tree but I get to put up the tree with my sister and her family. My sister's tree has such a classic gorgeous look. It could be a display tree in a department store. Honestly it's so pretty and put together I don't really put a lot of the ornaments on. I feel like I don't have the eye for it. Anyway, the tree got put up the week before Thanksgiving and it's beautiful as always. 

If you can't tell someone was very excited about the tree and the star. 

Isn't it just gorgeous? I'm also excited I finally found the right setting so there isn't a crazy glare from the lights. Now if only I could remember what it was....

And of course the Instagram photo. :) Are you sick of my love of Instagram yet? It makes me feel professional. 


P.S. It was the first snow in Michigan today. Just a dusting that didn't last. First good snow I'm going to try for some pictures. We shall see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment