Monday, October 24, 2011

How observant are you

My parents are visiting this week. And as we (parents, sister, brother in-law, and I) were all sitting around the dinner table we were talking about different things that have happened in the past year that I have completely missed and how much of a non morning person I am. Within this conversation my brother in law mentioned someone (a guy) had called him at 5am this morning saying they were coming to our house to make themselves breakfast. My brother in law of course said NO! even though the guy insisted he would be quite. And this caused me to comment on how I would react to someone not in our family being in the kitchen when I stumbled/fell down the stair this morning. First I said I would have woken the entire neighbor hood until I really thought about it. Then through laughing so hard I couldn't speak, tears rolling down my cheeks, and my sister being the only one who could understand what I was saying or trying to say, I said how I really would react. 

Here is how I would react if I came down the stairs at any time in the morning to a virtual stranger in the kitchen or any part of the house. 

I would not even realize it until I was in the bathroom either on the toilet or brushing my teeth and then I would have absolutely no idea what to do. I would be freaking out in the bathroom without a phone or way to get a hold of my brother in law or sister. I wouldn't be coming out that bathroom. I have a major lacking in the observation area and slow reaction time. I would be the person to open the closet totally not click that someone is hiding in there until after I shut the door. Yep, that's me! 

And this is the picture I think best fits this story. I couldn't find a cheesy smile photo. My sister was also in the photo doing something crazy. Photo taking skills courtesy of my brother in law. 

No comments:

Post a Comment