Monday, August 8, 2011

My final Birthday gift of 2011

Remember when I said one of my birthday gifts was horseback riding with my sister? Well, we finally went! Only about 3 1/2 months later but that's okay!
We went on an hour long trail ride. The picture above is at the end of the trail ride. I don't know why we didn't just leave the helmets since they didn't buckle. Lol oh well, our helmet hair was exciting! I loved it but boy was I sore after! I hadn't ridden in about 3 years so I was just getting used to things by the time we finished. In my perfect world I would know someone with a horse or horses, or know someone at a stable so I could take lessons, ride and work there about once a month. I really wish I had taken more lessons as a kid. Here are some more pictures from while we were waiting to saddle up.
The grass apparently is always greener on the other side! 

His "I do not see a treat face."

Hard to tell here but these are Belgians (like Clydesdale's, really big) 

It was lots of fun and I wish I could go again! I love horses. Happy very belated birthday to me!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment