Sunday, July 3, 2011

I love food!

I love good food! I heard a quote recently that says "Food is essential to life, therefore make it good!" How brilliant is that? I had a weekend alone recently and had to cook for myself. (Normally my sister does all the cooking.) I had a lot of fun and made some really yummy dishes!

The first dish I made was a chicken avocado sandwich. It was delish! I was inspired by an episode of diners, drive ins, and dives. I googled the recipe (everything is on google) and found it here. I picked up some fresh bread at a local italian bakery. Doesn't it look yummy! I could eat another one right now!
The next night I had some girls over and we had salad and lasagna. Sadly I only got a picture of the salads. The lasagna turned out pretty good though. Then we had cannoli for dessert! (We ate those too fast to even take pictures) Cannoli is my new love I think.  P.S. the drinks are sparkling cranberry apple cider
I slacked on pictures for most everything else but I made homemade burgers and teriyaki steak as well. The only picture I have left is of the fruit tarts I made. Yes, fruit tarts. Another slight obsession I had. With most these things I HAVE to figure out how to make them. A friend at work helped me find a recipe online here. It was a simple recipe to follow and I used blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries on my tarts.
They were as good as they look and I ate waaay too many! Oh! and a little side note, the recipe says you should refrigerate the filling overnight but I didn't and it turned out fine. I put mine in the fridge for about 30 minutes and it was great. So...get your ingredients, bake, and enjoy! Fruit tarts are an awesome summer treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment