Monday, April 25, 2011

Yep, it was my Birthday!

I turned 23 this past Saturday. It was my golden birthday. (I turned 23 on the 23rd) I didn't do anything over the top but it was still a great weekend. My family took me out for Chinese and I saw Water for Elephants with a friend. (Horseback riding will come later when it's warm and NOT raining every day) My sister also made me this fabulous cake. The recipe is from the Betty Crocker Baking cookbook and it is called Strawberries and Cream Cake. It is amazing! I have eaten way too much of it to explain to any diet plans but I can't let it go to waste!! Here are just a few pictures from the weekend and a course from the cake!

Halfway put together. That is homemade whipped cream.

Don't worry I didn't let ANY of the leftover whipped cream go to waste! 
You must agree it looks amazing.  
Making a wish!!! 

April is a fabulous month! Easter was great as well! I love my church! We had such a great music service and I know the drama and sermon were great as well. (I had kid duty during those) It's amazing the feeling you get when you have a group of believers praising God. How can you not know He is risen after experiencing that? How can you not feel it?

No comments:

Post a Comment