Thursday, September 23, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

I just watched this fabulous movie this week and plan to read the book soon. It was long but so good and in a way inspiring. If you don't already know or can't tell I am in love with quotes and this movie was full of them! It was a wonderful story line about finding yourself and who you want to be and I really related to it. That is something I am doing right now, searching for who I want to be. If you know what I mean. =) A quote from the movie really stuck out to me. "Ruin is a gift, ruin is the road to transformation." How many times to we go into despair because our plans are ruined or anything else that pops into your mind is RUINED. When in fact it isn't ruined it just needs to be transformed, changed, amended. My plans were ruined recently when my bf decided to change his R&R destination. His decision makes sense and is best for him and I will still get to see him but my plans were RUINED and I was pissed. I did cool down but looking at it now they were never truly ruined. I could have claimed that if I wasn't going to see him but all I have to do is transform my plans. My life may have some ruined spots but they are better now because I transformed them. So maybe ruin isn't such a bad thing after all...maybe it just means that something better is to come. Don't get me wrong the ruin can still hurt but most the time what comes next is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment