Monday, June 11, 2012

Homemade Salsa

Who loves chips and salsa????
That would be me!! 
I also prefer it homemade. Nothing compares to homemade salsa. 
I don't have nearly as often as I want to. 

But after craving it all last weekend I decided to get the ingredients since I was doing the grocery shopping for one. (Ya know since my sister had a baby and all and I'm trying to be nice) 
I have some recipes but I just did my own thing this time. 

Salsa is a pretty basic recipe it just comes down to your taste.
So here is how I made it! 


1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 large or 2 small onions
4 cloves of garlic
2-3 Serrano peppers (seeds out mean less heat)
2-3 jalapeno peppers (seeds out mean less heat) 
2-3 teaspoons salt
1 large tomato
1 large can of peeled whole or diced tomatoes 
and if you remember to buy it cilantro to taste! 

Throw everything in a blender and blend until it's the consistency you like. 
I don't like my salsa chunky so I blend mine pretty well. 

And then you eat and eat and eat.
And take some to work for lunch but please don't forget your chips like I did 2 days in a row. 
Do you know how sad it is to know you have salsa in the fridge but no chips to eat it with. 

It's sad people.
Very very sad. 

This is why you don't forget chips. 

Okay, go make some salsa!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment