Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

This is one of my all time favorite cakes. 
I got the recipe in high school from one of my close friends mother. It's the simplest recipe and was one of my favorite things to have whenever I went to their house. 

And you know I didn't take any pictures of the process. 
Oops. 

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Recipe

1 package yellow or chocolate cake mix (any ole box cake mix)
1 small package vanilla or chocolate pudding mix (choose the opposite of your cake mix)
3/4 cup milk 
8 oz sour cream 
3 eggs 
8 oz chocolate chips 

Mix ingredients together adding chocolate chips last. Pour batter into greased and floured bunt pan. Bake at 350 degrees or 55 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar when cool.

I made the cake for a co-workers birthday. But I was nice and allowed my pregnant sister to have a piece the nigh before. :) It's even more amazing warm.

I was impatient, shocking I know, and put the powdered sugar on too soon so it did this weird melting thing. 

My breakfast at work the day after. 

It is all around delish.
 I can't make this cake too often because I will eat at least half of it on my own. 
But its an extremely easy recipe that doesn't take as long as a fully made by scratch cake. 

Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment